Scrolling in Website Designs has reborn after detaching itself from the old stigmas where scrolling once was considered a taboo. Resurgent website designs have started implementing scrolling as a new way to display and deliver information that is required becoming a necessitated technique.
A major slice of the credit for scrolling to come forward after all this time can be duly given to the introduction and advent of the smart devices such as Smartphones, Tablets and Phablets which have smaller screens compared to desktop and essentially work on scrolling to present the required information. Also, with the availability of access to high speed internet, scrolling down the website is more convenient than navigating from page to page in several clicks.
Thus, Scrolling presents a variety of advantages after the new trends in technologies have set in such as easier and faster interaction and highly responsive and delightful designs to entice the users. However, there are certain rules that must be followed while implementing Scrolling in your website designs.
- Feel free to employ long and short scroll features interchangeably as it s completely fine to have a short scroll homepage and yet a long scroll landing page of the website.
- Navigation paired with scrolling must be made easy using sticky navigation controls which allow the user to swiftly move and switch between the elements on a homepage.
- Make the scrolling feature evident using the various design tools and elements such as interactive animations and arrows or buttons to have them scroll for more.
- Make the various calls-to-action distinct and clear such as scrolling with clicks or taps to encourage user interaction.
- In the end, make sure you don’t go completely overboard with scrolling as no user will be happy scrolling down a 500 page website.