New Public API hits the market all the time. Well, we all know that what these both terms actually mean. Behind such APIs, there is a horde of providers of all types like individual developers, established businesses who need Public API so that they could handle their audiences and clients more efficiently. In this we have deployed 5 tips for your safer API journey from zero to a production API.
- Clarification of needs: this is the first and foremost step that you should take is to identify the need for the public API program. There can be innumerable reasons like your product might be benefited from having an API; your customers must be demanding you to deliver your product differently maybe via APIs. If you think it can be carried out positively, then introducing an API Program is definitely going to be proven as a boom for your company too.
- Get Wholesale buy in: You should now keep one thing in mind that your API from now on will be the main channel where you will be selling a product that you are working on and the API can change the way your business operates. In order to succeed in such scenario, you should extend your internal systems outwards as it will have both technical and business focus and communicates in the language that each stakeholder understands.
- Vision of public MVP: If you are done with the first two steps effectively and now, you should envisage that your API should deliver in MVP form short for Minimum viable product. With this, it allows you to get your API in front of the potential API consumers very quickly and allows you to get a feedback too.
- Feedback, act now: Now with MVP in the market, you are now having an opportunity to have a feedback and now, you can act on it. This will help your API to evolve continuously.
- Build your own practice: API should be geared towards a certain method for developing your API which will eventually going to ensure you your progress from zero to production.
The above mentioned points will now help you in building a safe API program for every type of business or organization and will eventually result in making your dream into reality.